The Book Cover

The Book Cover

Counter


View My Stats

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cake, coffee and couches











On Tuesday 12 July I was invited to talk to a group of coffee, cake and book lovers in Moora. Imagine my surprise to discover the venue was the funkiest coffeeshop I have ever seen in Moora. Just off Dandaragan Street, past the Newsagents, is the Wheatbelt Picture Framing Gallery (Denise's Coffee Shop). Inside are comfy couches and the cheapest coffee in town. We went down a long corridor to a private outdoor area on wooden decking, and enjoyed the sunlight that had emerged after a day of rain the day before. I read an extract about my Turkish bath (with spectators), spoke about life on the road, and had questions from other writing enthusiasts and bloggers.




I will endeavour to take on Margaret's advice and write a range of posts - and more often - but I'm a bit slow at present with a hand in a cast! I'll try to upload some photos too.

Thanks again to Bron and Margaret for organising a fun, informal and yummy event.

No comments:

Post a Comment